
Today marks the first week since being fitted with a permanent crown on one of my top molar teeth. The whole dental expirience was as perfectly put by Ogden Nash " Some tortures are physicalAnd some are mental,But the one that is both is dental".
I should also hasten to say that not only was it a mouthful of silver for me but it was definitely a pocketful of gold for my dentist. I should count my blessing though for finding an NHS service that is still registering new patients considering the shortage of such and the extotionary amount of going private. After the initial jaw dropping and the numb wearing off*pun intended* I am honestly relieved that the 3 fillings, 2 root canal treatments and the crown came just under £200 and to sweeten it (Oops should not have that) they allowed me to stagger the payments during the course of the 5 week long treatment.
I had not budgeted to have this much drilling on my teeth nor on the pocket that I had to use money I had built up in my "Rainy day fund" well funnily enough after all the teeming of tears from the pain and from being chided by dentist like some rugrat caught with my hand in the candy jar it was definitely that.
Well after all the melodrama which it usually tends to become once you sit in that dentist's chair and you are told to "RELAX" and "OPEN WIDE" that i am happy to sit back and smile at the beautiful job well done, the crown especially fitted like a glove and it sits all hail, mighty and proud.
Like they say every cloud has a silver lining and from this I have learnt to set one's teeth to honouring all my future 6 monthly appointments in the chair!!

No comments:
Post a Comment