Thursday, 28 August 2008

TAKING CONTROL OF THE PURSE STRINGS


There is no good time like the present especially with payday looming tomorrow to take charge of my finaces. As already stated in my previous posts I am revisisting my goals, coming into the last lag of the year it is with huge dissapointment to know I have not fared well in one of the most important of goals. I let myself down big time, it's enough knowing my mistakes but being a perpetual offender shows how lightly I take the responsibility of things that are important like securing my future.


Its well and good to get that reality slap on the face now and agin but its time to stop all the whimpering and get back to the drawing board, hopefully by the end of the year I will be singing a new song. Thank goodness I am beginning to understand that financial discipline is about finding a balance between necessities, luxuries and saving for the future. As of today I here AGAIN!!! pledge to make conscious decisions on how every penny in my wallet is spent.

I have downloaded a budget template, this is my first step to reigning in all my improtu spending. I have lso found some bit of inspiration from fellow bloggers on tightening the purse strings. As of September and hopefully for all the remaining months of the year I will be daily tracking on what I spend my money on. Heart on hand this is going to be a huge task but one that has to be put in place all the same.
They say wobbling always precedes walking and as of now these are the two baby steps I am taking, I am going to grapple with them and once I am comfortable with my wobble there is nothing that is going to stop me from walking and what do you know might follow it with running and before I even know it Usain Bolt might be looking in front to see me sprint right ahead.

No comments: