Thursday, 21 August 2008
PENNIES MAKE POUNDS !!!!!!!
Rewind to only a few days ago I would have been thoroughly embrassed to chase after or wait around for a penny if I went into a shop and bought something and my change was anything less than 10 pence. Since I am on this mission to sort out my well being includingmy finances I am learning no pound let alone penny should go unaccounted for. Today I put this into practise, lately I have had such an unyielding pang for Cadbury' s Twirl chocolate (by the way I will pretend I did not learn anything from my recent visit to the dentist)so yesterday after work I decided to pass through Woolworths and they had this offer to buy 3 for a pound.
I think I did sing a few halleluiahs to have found this bargain, so I took 3 to the counter paid for my purchases which also included a tupperware container with my debit card. Only when I got home did I look at my receipt and saw that they had charged me the full price for the 3 chocolates. My earlier elation for having found a bargain evapourated as quickly as it had come. The old me would have just let it slide, what is a mere 65 pence but of course the new thrifty me would not let it go and first thing before going to the office I passed by Woolworths, unabashed went to the till and graciously demanded my discount be credited back to my card.
Not only was I happy that I did not just walk away from my money but there was no way I would have bought 3 bars of chocolates at once even if my life had depended on it unless of course if it was a BARGAIN which it was and guess what I am now done with chocolate, I guess it was that time of the month...............Blame it on the boogie.
I think I did sing a few halleluiahs to have found this bargain, so I took 3 to the counter paid for my purchases which also included a tupperware container with my debit card. Only when I got home did I look at my receipt and saw that they had charged me the full price for the 3 chocolates. My earlier elation for having found a bargain evapourated as quickly as it had come. The old me would have just let it slide, what is a mere 65 pence but of course the new thrifty me would not let it go and first thing before going to the office I passed by Woolworths, unabashed went to the till and graciously demanded my discount be credited back to my card.
Not only was I happy that I did not just walk away from my money but there was no way I would have bought 3 bars of chocolates at once even if my life had depended on it unless of course if it was a BARGAIN which it was and guess what I am now done with chocolate, I guess it was that time of the month...............Blame it on the boogie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment