Thursday, 31 January 2008
KNOCK SOME SANITY BACK !!
I hate to admit that with all that Shoe debacle earlier today I was almost tempted to jump off the Money Sense wagon and run leg first into a shoe shop. Like weaning off any addiction, at the slightest tinge of distress all the emotional havoc of wanting a fix came flooding right back and all thoughts of not spending unnecessarily and without a budget was lost so I can feed my habit and try and reverse the trauma caused by the oil spillage on my beloved shoe. Its almsot now silly to realise the feelings we attach to somethings, when all they do is bankrupt not only the bank account but also our emotional banks.
By habit my first compulsive thought was " I need to replace my Shoe and I do not care less if I am late for work as long as my feet have been taken care of" I even started to feel better about an early morning shopping spree, thank God for my DD assets good sense stepped right back in and the addiction was quashed for that moment.
Call this funny or crazy but by some strange coincidence one of my favourite blog The Simple Dollar was sharing on the issue of "Emotional Fulfilment" and "Finacial Success". This was like an answer to my distress call for help!!
Its only starting to sound petty now, but in the morning the emotional tango that played over the shoe spillage was wild enough to send me spiralling down one slope I am strongly trying to climb back onto. I can honestly laugh at the absurdity of it all now. Some sanity was knocked right back and I am happy to empty out my emotional bank on receipts such as my good health, my family and knowing the faithful provisions of my heavenly father who at some of the most selfish times allows me once in a while to feed my spending addiction on some silly pair of shoes!!!!!!!!!
By habit my first compulsive thought was " I need to replace my Shoe and I do not care less if I am late for work as long as my feet have been taken care of" I even started to feel better about an early morning shopping spree, thank God for my DD assets good sense stepped right back in and the addiction was quashed for that moment.
Call this funny or crazy but by some strange coincidence one of my favourite blog The Simple Dollar was sharing on the issue of "Emotional Fulfilment" and "Finacial Success". This was like an answer to my distress call for help!!
Its only starting to sound petty now, but in the morning the emotional tango that played over the shoe spillage was wild enough to send me spiralling down one slope I am strongly trying to climb back onto. I can honestly laugh at the absurdity of it all now. Some sanity was knocked right back and I am happy to empty out my emotional bank on receipts such as my good health, my family and knowing the faithful provisions of my heavenly father who at some of the most selfish times allows me once in a while to feed my spending addiction on some silly pair of shoes!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment